Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome to My Music Blog!

Happy New Year, and glad to have you aboard!  After a lifetime (57 years and counting) of living with wonderful classical music, I've decided that 2012 is my year to start sharing my musical loves with the wider world.

Don't get me wrong, I love many of the great classics of the "standard repertoire" (now, there's a loaded term!).  But this blog, as its title suggests, is to get away from the standards and share some of my favourites from the less-well-known works of the famous great composers, as well as introducing you to some of the less-well-known composers I've gotten to know.

I'll be getting into a mix of different pieces: orchestral, chamber, choral, solo vocal, solo instrumental, operatic -- be ready for a little of everything.

I don't expect to post here every day, but will try to get in at least once or twice a week.

Let the adventures begin!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a blog, Ken! Looking forward to reading.
    xoJennifer

    ReplyDelete